Wonderful children's books to share with young curious children.



Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Hey there fellow storytellers and readers. I know The Very Hungry caterpillar is one of the most popular chidlren's books but I do have a friend who recently shared that she found it to be quite a "silly " story. "What  kind of story is it where a caterpillar eats all this food?"

The story rolls for me and there is something hiding to discover with each read. My brother and I were talking about it a few years ago. I remember looking at the double page of "junk" food and wondered why in general the foods looked muddy then turn the page there is one bright green layered leaf! We reckon the junk foods are a little smudgy off in colour to suggests that they aren't altogether healthy. I love icecream, cherry pie, salami, cake and sausages .Still seems like Eric Carle did something to the junk food colours. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment